All recipients of data provided by the Isle of Wight Local Records Centre (IWLRC) should be aware of, and agree to, the following:
- IWLRC holds copyright of the data, unless otherwise stated. No reproduction of this data will be allowed as a direct copy, except for the purpose stated.
- The data must not be passed to any third party except as aggregated data within reports or maps, for the purpose stated.
- Any personal information supplied in association with these records will not be used, copied, or passed to any third party without the consent of the IWLRC and in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Data provided by the IWLRC will only be used for the purpose stated and will not be stored beyond the life of the project for which it was acquired. The data must not be added to any permanent database system.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is made to validate information supplied to and by the IWLRC, owing to the dynamic and judgmental nature of information relating to wildlife, IWLRC disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy or comprehensiveness of the information supplied, and accepts no liability for any indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or losses arising from use of the information.
- The whereabouts of other material, documentary sources etc. referred to cannot be guaranteed.
- Acknowledgement of the use of the data supplied by the IWLRC (including acknowledgement of any stated third party supplier) must be given in any published documents.
- IWLRC may charge for the time required for extracting data.
| About IWLRC | Information held | Use of data | Data requests | Recorders' forum | Policies | Contact IWLRC | Wild on Wight |